Friday, April 16, 2010

The Proposal






Drew orginally planned on proposing the weekend prior, during a trip up to Traverse City area. He, however, sensed I had winds of his plans, so he made other arrangments upon returning to work that monday. Working second-shift, Drew was able to get the following Friday evening off. As cover, he told me that one of his co-workers nedded switch shifts for a friday evening, giving him a rare evening off. In a not-uncommon move, Drew asked me if I wanted to go out to Holland to eat and see the sunset.

I, however, knew of his plans. I was on the phone with my Aunt that day and I told her, "he never gets a friday night off, I think he is going to propose." She said, "well, act noncholant."


He had no idea that I knew.. I love it

While in Holland, we made a trip to Barnes and Noble. I always want to visit this store, so ths day it was no different. While there, Drew purchased a book of questions. The book contained hundreds of questions about relationship.

We made the trek to Holland State Park and Drew began asking some of the questions out of the book. I could start to see Drew was getting nervous and he was acting funny about me wanting to walk on the pier.. He said, " well lets keep going through a few more questions" so we began to go back and forth answering questions. The sun began to set and the weather was starting to get cold. Drew sensed I was becoming Ansy, go figure! Drew convinced me we would only be there a few more minutes. Drew began to ask me an off the wall question.. no supris

And then he got on one knee and asked the important question: "Will you marry me?"


I confessed later on that I saw right through his story about getting working off.


Regardless, I was speechless and giddy in response.











No comments:

Post a Comment